ID# 20269, (1755 - )
|Father||David Dutt1 (19 Jan 1729 - 15 Feb 1792)|
|Mother||Catherine Klingenmyer1 ( - bef 1792)|
|Charts||Descendants of David Dutt/Toot|
|Ancestry||The Dutt/Toot Family|
Narrative:Conrad Toot was born on 1 Jan 1755.1 He was christened at Christ Lutheran Church, York, Pennsylvania.2
He moved to Paxton Twp., Lancaster Co., with his parents, David Dutt, and Catherine Klingenmyer, about 1774.3,4
The General Assembly of Pennsylvania directed on 13 Jun 1777 that all male inhabitants over age 18 subscribe to an oath renouncing all allegiances to Great Britain and pledging allegiance the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as a free and independent state. Hundreds of residents of Paxton Twp. did so before Joshua Elder, justice of the peace, including Conrad and his brother David, between 28 Jan and 20 Mar 1778, as their father already had.5
Conrad was a private in Capt. John Reed's company of Lancaster Co. militia by 24 Jul 1776.6 He and his brother David were serving in Capt. Jonathan McClure's company, 4th Battalion, Lancaster Co. Militia by Aug 1778. They were joined by their younger brother George by Apr 1781. Conrad and George were listed in Capt. McClure's company in 1782 as well.7,8 Conrad served in the 10th Battalion of Lancaster Co. militia in 1781 as substitute for John Miller, and beginning 27 Sep 1782 as a substitute for his brother-in-law, Joseph Flora Jr.9
- [S6470] Janet Welsh, "Family of David Toot" notes, list labeled "Bible record owned by Mrs. R. A. Norman."
- [S6425] Toot, "Dutt-Dutte-Tutt-Toot Family,."
- [S6425] Toot, "Dutt-Dutte-Tutt-Toot Family," shows they moved about 1774.
- [S6428] "York County, Pennsylvania, 1733-1800: Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church," Ancestry.com, record for Simond Dutt, shows him baptized 24 Apr 1774.
- [S6465] Egle, Pennsylvania Archives, Second Series, vol XIII, pp 393-6.
- [S6467] Montgomery, Pennsylvania Archives - Fifth Series, pg 342.
- [S6467] Montgomery, Pennsylvania Archives - Fifth Series, pp 368-9, shows Conrad and David Jr. Toot and Joseph Florey in 2 Aug 1778 return; pp 1044-5 show Conrad and George Toot and Joseph Florey in 1782.
- [S6465] Egle, Pennsylvania Archives, Second Series, vol XIII, pp 391-2, muster roll 11 Apr 1781 by Jonathan McClure, Captain, lists Conrad, David Jr., and George in 8th class.
- [S6467] Montgomery, Pennsylvania Archives - Fifth Series, pp 1022-3, shows Conrad as substitute for John Miller; pp 1028-9 shows Conrad as substitute for Joseph Florey.